Are food supplements useful? When and how to use them
Is it necessary to use food supplements in sports? Let's dive into this increasingly popular topic
- the individual concerned;
- their job;
- how many hours are dedicated to sports (quantity and intensity in soccer are strictly linked to agonistic level);
- their dietary habits;
- other variables linked to their lifestyle.
“Food products that supplement a common food diet and that are a concentrated source of nutritional elements, such as vitamins and minerals or other substances that have nutritional or physiological effects, in particular, amino acids, essential fat acids, fibers and herbal extracts, in unit dose form”.
- Corso S.N.S.: L’alimentazione nel calciatore – Natale Gentile 17-10-2015
- Boisseau, N.; Le Creff, C.; Loyens, M.; Poortmans, J.R. Protein intake and nitrogen balance in male non-active adolescent and soccer players
- Boisseau, N.; Vermorel, M.; Rance, M.; Duche, P.; Patureau-Mirand, P. Protein requirements in male adolescent soccer players.
- Lemon, P.W.R. Protein requirements of soccer. J. Sports Sci. 1994, 12, S17–S22
- Consum Rep. 2010 Jul;75(7):24-7. Alert: protein drinks. You don't need the extra protein or the heavy metals our tests found