Soccer academy teaching proposal (U6 - U8)
Kids' approach to soccer and to sports in general is an important and sensitive stage of their growth
- motor skills and basic postural patterns;
- coordination skills and joint mobility;
- technical skills;
- cognitive and attention skills;
- educational goals;
- soccer-related educational goals;
- social-emotional development;
- athletic aspects, and so on...
- Physical growth: kids' skeletal system is still fragile.
- Motor development: kids don't have proper motor control and general coordination, they find it difficult to organize space and time and their movements are not very effective.
- Social-emotional development: kids are in the middle of an “egocentric” stage and are not fully able to cooperate.
- Cognitive growth: kids find it difficult to focus their attention and to understand abstract concepts.
|EDUCATIONAL GOALS||TRAINING GOALS|
Fundamental soccer rules:
Fundamental soccer principles:
Become familiar with the ball and the game:
- KNOW WHAT TO DO: move forward with the ball, stop it, kick it, move without it.
- UNDERSTAND: the game's goal, the attacking and the defending phase.
- ACCEPT: respect teammates, respect opponents, comply with the rules, accept the contact with the ground, the contact with the opponents.
EXAMPLE OF INDIVIDUAL EVALUATION FORM
|Interest in the game|
|Initiative and resourcefulness|
|Compliance with the rules|
|Basic motor skills|
|Quickness and joint mobility|
|Ability to choose (Solutions)|
Photo Credits: woodleywonderworks, USAG- Humphreys