Small-Sided Game: 4 vs 4 + Player-Base
- 2 goals
- Sufficient markers to outline the field
- 4 markers to create the mini field (base)
- 4 vests
- Playing Area: 40x30 meters
- Players: 9 + 2 goalkeepers
- Duration: 16 minutes
- Series: 2 times to 7 minutes interspersed with 1 minute of passive recovery
Improving possession and intercepting the ball
|Pass, Finishing, Intercepting, 4 versus 4|
Form a 40x30 meters playing area with a goal on each side. In the middle of the playing area create a 2 meters side square (base) using 4 markers. Divide the players into two teams, the red team with 4 players and white team with 5. A player of white team is positioned inside the'' base'' (as in figure).
- The exercise begins when the coach throws the ball inside the playing area; it consists on a 4 vs 4 game with a neutral player in the "base".
- The white team attacks the "base" defended by the red team. The red team attacks the goals defended by goalkeepers.
- At the end of the 2 times wins the team that has scored more points or more goals.
- If the white team wins the ball, it must keep possession and to gain a point one of the four players must pass the ball to the player inside the "base" (1) and pass it back to a teammate (2)
- Each time the white team gains a point, the player-base is replaced by a teammate. This creates the rule of rotation for the entire duration of the match
- The red team must defend the'' base'' by preventing passes by the white team
- When the red team has ball possession, the aim is to score goals by freely choose either of the two goals defended by goalkeepers.
- Limit the contacts of the ball (maximum three) during the possession
- Increase or decrease the size of the field according to the age and abilities of the players
- The importance of proper positioning facilitates the interception of the pass
- Encourage your players to move constantly to find free spaces